Comprehensive Eye Exams
At Opticology Eyecare we believe yearly eye exams are essential to maintaining optimal vision and eye health.
We offer complete eye exams that are vital to your overall health. In addition to assessing your vision, our doctors check for all eye diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes and much more. To make our comprehensive eye exams thorough and efficient, we use only the best and up to date technology.
Don’t put it off — schedule your comprehensive eye exam at Opticology Eyecare today.
What does a comprehensive eye exam include?
- Visual acuity to test the sharpness of your vision, usually with an eye chart
- Visual fields test to check for blind spots in your vision
- Retinoscopy to estimate your eyeglass prescription
- Refraction to determine your exact eyeglass prescription
- Slit-lamp to check for common eye diseases and conditions
- Retinal photo screenings to test for diabetic retinopathy
- Eye Pressure to test for glaucoma
- Ophthalmoscopy to examine the optic nerve, retina, and blood vessels
How often should I get a comprehensive eye exam?
- Children: 6 – months old , 3 – years old and the start of every school year
- Adults ( 18 years and older ): We recommend yearly eye exams for adults.
What about contact lens exams?
Opticology Eyecare provides comprehensive vision care in Wichita, including fitting and prescribing customized contact lenses to correct a variety of vision issues. At the time of your eye exam, your doctor will ask you if you are interested in a contact lens evaluation. The contact prescription is not part of your comprehensive eye exam, it is usually an additional charge. During your contact lens evaluation the doctors will evaluate several factors to determine which type of contact lens is best suited for you. Whether you want contact lenses for full-time wear or occasional wear for social outings or sports, Dr. Barger and Dr. Aelvoet are dedicated to finding the right pair of contact lenses for you. Just let us know when you schedule your appointment, and we’ll make sure you are taken care of.
Make healthy vision a priority in your life and in the lives of the ones you love. Schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Opticology Eyecare now.